High Protein 2700 Calories
Food Storage Tips:
Easy tips to make sure you get the most value out of your meal plan.
- Salads: When preparing salads in advance, don’t toss them with dressings until ready to serve. This will keep your salads crisp and fresh for longer.
- Wraps/Sandwiches: Pack the ingredients separately until ready to serve. This prevents soggy wraps and sandwiches.
- Fruits: Save half an avocado by leaving the seed in and placing it face down in a bowl of water to prevent it from going brown and oxidising.
Soak cut apples in a saltwater solution (1/2 teaspoon salt + 1 cup water) for 10 minutes. Pat dry and use in salads or store for later.
- Breads and other baked goods: Keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Soups and sauces: Can be kept in tightly sealed containers for up to 5 days.
- Meats and seafood: Can be kept in tightly sealed containers for up to 3 days.
- Breads and other baked goods: Can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Soups and sauces: Cool to room temperature and use. I like to use ice cube trays to freeze and store small portions of soups and sauces. Once frozen you can transfer the cubes to a freezer proof container or a zip-lock bag, this way you can pull the right portions for each meal.
- Meats and seafood: Can be frozen in tightly sealed containers for up to 3 months.
Great Snacks Under 50 Calories
- ½ cup strawberries with 2½ tablespoon non-fat yogurt
- 14 seedless red grapes
- 12 cherries
- 1 small box of sultanas
- 7 raw almonds
- 60 blueberries
- 1 ½ cups salted air-popped popcorn
- 1 brown rice cake with 1 tablespoon sugar-free jam
- 1½ cups sugar snap peas
- ½ small grapefruit
- ½ cup plain fat-free yogurt with 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
- 2 marshmallows
- 2 squares dark chocolate
- 1 Oreo cookie
- 2 egg white omelette with spinach
Drinks Under 50 Calories
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- 1 packet sugar-free hot chocolate with 1/4 cup skim milk and 3/4 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup carbonated water with 1/4 cup cranberry juice and a lime wedge
Things To Consider With Protein Shakes
- 1x regular protein shake has around 120-150 calories
- 1 cup regular milk has around 120 calories
- 1 cup non-fat milk has around 80 calories